Friday, March 18, 2011

foggy 8x10 oil

This previously posted painting seems to echo my artistic efforts lately (in a fog) . I know we all get there sometimes weary about what to paint and asking ourselves is it worth the effort... well in an attempt to stave off my current doubts, I'm in the Brandywine Valley where the Wyeths did such great works (hoping something will rub off) tomorrow its 2 museums  in New York and the Philly Art Museum on Sunday. On Monday I hope to return with a more than good attitude ready to paint.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you! I am so envious you get to go to such fab venues. Have a great time! I am positive you'll return rejuvenated and raring to get to that canvas.

Autumn Leaves said...

Well, David, I think this is one gorgeous piece that I don't remember seeing before. I know you will return refreshed and renewed!

jbkrost said...

Yeah...
"Painters block" thats the worst...
I lived in Philly for a year the museum there has a great Miro collection, when in doubt look too the masters....
It will be over before you know it